This is the best workflow and setup for the MPK Mini MK3 with FL Studio (No FPC). Use your drum pads like a classic MPC. Keep your MIDI data separate.
How To Program / Configure / Map AKAI LPD8 MIDI Controller’s PADS Inside FL Studio and NanoStudio music production and creation software plus playing demonstration?
- Description: Guitar loop, FL Studio with an Akai MPK mini.
- Akai has made the first dedicated hardware controller for FL Studio an enticing prospect for all levels of producers. Fire capitalizes on the software’s pattern-focused workflow by making it easy to whip up melodic and percussive beats on the step sequencer or by recording from the drum or keyboard interfaces.
- Create your InMusic Profile. Akai Professional is part of an elite family of hardware and software companies known as inMusic Brands. The inMusic Profile is where you can register products, download software titles, and access exclusive content and offers - not just for Akai Professional, but for any brands within the inMusic network!
- Get the MPK Mini Play here - going to show you how to setup the AKAI MPK Mini PLAY with FL Studio. (No FPC) This custom template w.
AKAI LPD8 MIDI Controller PADS Programming In FL Studio & NanoStudio – Note Mapping & Playing Demo Tutorial
How to make AKAI LPD8 Pads + Knobs MIDI Controller work in NanoStudio or FL Studio?
00:09 AKAI LPD8 Editor software installation
00:57 AKAI LPD8 Editor software quick overview
01:28 AKAI LPD8 & NanoStudio TRG Sampler Programming / MIDI Mapping
04:41 AKAI LPD8 & NanoStudio – LIVE Playing Demo
07:29 AKAI LPD8 & FL Studio FPC Sampler Module Programming / MIDI Mapping
NanoStudio TRG Sampler Instrument
FL Studio FPC Sample Player Instrument
FL STUDIO FPC Instrument
How To Install and Use Akai LPD8 Editor on Mac OSX
We don’t use Mac, but it the procedure shouldn’t be hard* :
- Download Akai LPD8 Editor for Mac and install it:
- Unzip downloaded .zip archive
- Double-click .dmg file
- Drag app file into /Applications
- Connect Akai LPD8 via USB cable
- Open FL Studio and enable LPD8 MIDI controller in Settings
That should do it! Of course, you can later reprogram it, just as I did in this video. You don’t need step 1 in order to use it, Akai LPD8 is instantly recognized, however, you need LPD8 Editor later if you wish to reprogram pads and knob controllers.
* Note:In Akai LPD8 manual it is stated that you simply connect Akai LPD8 via USB first and then double-click .dmg first. We can’t confirm if there is any practical difference, so give it a try.
AKAI LPD8 MIDI Controller Presets Download
Here are 4 presets created in the video above which you can download for your convenience: